Welcome to the P.S.56Q website. P.S. 56Q is a rich cultural diversity of committed educators, loving families and children encouraged to be the best of society's future. Our website is designed to celebrate the academic, cultural and social events we share as a school community.
Each day as a schools, we profess our morning statement:
Today is a new day
I am responsible for my learning
I will try my best and
Respect all others.
Come join us on our living and learning experiences!
Emergency Blue Cards 2020-2021
To help you monitor your child's progress, we suggest that you open a NYC Schools account for your child.
1. Go to Student Account Self Service
2. Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account.)
3. Enter your birthday
4. Click Continue
5. If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed
6. Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
7. If you haven't already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up
8. Pick a password that only you will know
9. Re-enter your password
10. Click Update Password
As the New York City Department of Education resumes in-person schooling this fall, most schools and early childhood programs will operate on a blended learning model. This means that each week, students will have some school days in person, and some school days remotely.
Learning Bridges is a new program that will provide free child care options for children from 3-K through 8th grade on days when they are scheduled for remote learning. If you are interested in the Learning Bridges program, please complete this survey